Dril-Quip offers the PR-80™ and FRC™ Production Riser Connectors as an integral part of the entire production riser string system for Spar and TLP vessels offered by Dril-Quip.
FRC Riser Connector
Dril-Quip’s FRC Flanged Riser Connectors are preloaded connections suitable for use in TLP or Spar high-pressure drilling riser and production riser applications. Forged heavy-duty bolts are used to make up each connection and incorporate rings to retain the bolts in the "up" position during handling. A metal-to-metal sealing ring gasket provides a gas-tight connection.
Dril-Quip’s FRC™ Marine Drilling Riser Connector combines high coupling strength with ease of operations and meets the stringent durability requirements of today’s deepwater drilling operations.
Special hydraulic wrenches ensure fast make-up and accurate preloading of the flange connectors. This quick-running, high-strength coupling is designed for easy maintenance with field replacement of most of its components. This rugged, reliable riser connector delivers maximum uptime.
FRC Connector Features:
- Made-up 6-bolt flange preloaded to 2,500 kips per API Specification 16R
- Available in preload configurations up to 5,000 kips
- Load-sharing between the choke and kill lines and the riser pipe body reduces overall joint weight
- Easy field maintenance allows replacement of connection seals when required
PR-80 and PR-85 Production Riser Connectors
The PR-80 Production Riser Connector features high-tensile, high-bending and high fatigue life characteristics while maintaining easy operational features. The connector incorporates a metal-to-metal seal with an elastomeric backup.
- High fatigue characteristics
- Threaded connector region is stronger than the mating pipe
- Tapered thread-form with three threads per inch and full root radius
- Dual alignment diameters engage prior to thread contact, eliminating cross-threading
- Metal-to-metal pin nose seal engages on straight diameter box seal surface
- Square shoulder spider landing area on box
- Tong grip on connector heavy wall sections
- Positive stop torque shoulder
- Field-proven performance