Dril-Quip, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of offshore drilling and production equipment, offers a full range of next-generation products utilized to provide total solutions for offshore field developments. Visit us at OTC 2019 Booth 4577 / NRG Center on May 6-9 in Houston, Texas.
At Drip-Quip we look beyond industry standards to develop innovative products that structurally reduce total installed costs. Our clients have come to depend on Dril-Quip to look beyond today's operating specifications and anticipate their future needs. With Dril-Quip, you get solutions...BEYOND EXPECTATION.
HPHT Solutions: Technology Verification, Validation, and Deployments Part IHPHT XPak™ Expandable Liner Hanger System
As operators in the oil and gas industry continue to search for larger oil deposits in areas that are considered High Pressure and High Temperature (HPHT) environments, manufacturers of liner hanger/packer systems must conceive and validate designs that can support these projects. The XPak™ liner hanger/packer system is an expandable product that offers metal-to-metal and elastomer sealing capabilities at the liner top in host casing, capable of superior hanging capacity and seal integrity for installing casing strings of various lengths. The expansion process is achieved using a multi-piston hydraulic running tool with pressure application to displace an Expander inside the XPak hanger body. The displacement of the Expander inside the XPak hanger body relies on interference between the components to radially grow the hanger body to contact and interfere with the host casing. This interaction provides the sealing and anchoring capability of the XPak system. The Expander provides tieback capability via a polished bore receptacle and remains installed inside the hanger body for the lifetime of the installation.
- Fewer external components increase the annular flow area for fluid circulation.
- Field-proven sealing/anchoring technology in one package provides great value to the customer.
- Compatible with all host casing types and provides comparable performance as an accessory for use in drilling and production intervals.
- Ease of system installation with simple operating parameters to reduce the time necessary for setting, testing and releasing from a newly deposited casing string are advantages which help operators reduce costs.
- Operators have shown broad global interest in adopting this technology because of it’s potential to improve well construction safety, reduce environmental risk, and save millions of dollars per well by reducing non-productive time and remedial activities.
Meet the Presenter
"We are very excited to showcase the TIW XPakTM HPHT Expandable Liner Hanger System to our clients and industry peers." - Ed Royer.
- May 8, 2019
- 9:52am - 10:14am
Spotlight on New Technology Award WinnerDouble Expansion XPak™ Expandable Liner Hanger System
The 18” OD x 22” OD Double Expansion XPak™ Expandable Liner Hanger System is an industry-first product which provides operators an option to sub mudline profile hanger systems with the ability to traverse wellhead ID restrictions and deploy into surface casing with large inner diameters.
The double expansion process is achieved with a pressure activated, multi-piston hydraulic tool used to expand and displace an Expander which in turn expands the XPak hanger body to contact and interfere with the host casing. The Expander provides tieback capability via a polished bore receptacle and remains installed inside the hanger body for the lifetime of the installation. The XPak system features include metal and elastomer sealing capability along with anchoring capacity to support loads in tension and compression with current applications for drilling, production and HPHT well designs.