MS-15® Mudline Suspension System
Disconnect And Reconnect At The Mudline
Dril-Quip’s unique MS-15® Mudline Suspension System is a series of casing hangers that support the weight of each casing string at or near the mudline. Designed for use with bottom-supported drilling vessels and platforms, the system allows disconnecting from and reconnecting to the well at the mudline.
MS-15™ Mudline Suspension System Features
- Minimizes Carbon Footprint By Eliminating Equipment With The MS15
- Efficient well construction and re-entry solution allowing temporary abandonment and delayed tieback
- Reduces CAPEX through minimized platform requirements
- Reduced OPEX due to optimized installation
- Enhances safety and increases well integrity with metal-to-metal seals
- Versatile offering compatible with mudline conversion system for subsea completion
Field-Proven Technology That Incorporates The Following
- Stack-down system for centralization and full wash-out efficiency
- High-pressure system rated for 15,000 psi working pressure
- High load capacity at each hanger interface
- Subsea completion possible with Mudline Conversion System
- Critical service configurations available
- Fully tested and field-proven performance
Easy Handling And Trouble-Free Operations
- Large flow-by areas
- Positive backup of split-ring hangers
- Right-hand rotation for running tool release
- Wash-out ports in running tool
- All hangers automatically centralized when landed
The MS-15™ Mudline Suspension System offers Temporary Abandonment (TA) Caps that protect each mudline hanger’s tie-back profile from debris during abandonment and while the well is in suspension. Temporary Abandonment Caps make up in the hanger running tool threaded profile and supply resilient seals between the TA Cap and the mudline hanger.
The MS-15™ system also offers a simple, weight-set, rotation-lock stab-in TA Cap. When angular misalignment is a problem, this cap allows temporary abandonment of the mudline hanger. The cap’s threaded split lock ring engages the running threads in the mudline hanger.
- Stab-in or threaded TA Caps available
- TA Cap available with back pressure valve for pressure containment
- Each TA Cap is flush with the top of hanger
- Run on jay-lugs
Reliable Tie-Back Capabilities
Dril-Quip's MS-15™ Tie-Back Tools reconnect the mudline hanger to the surface for completion. For subsea completion, the tools tie the well back to a tubing head.
The Stab-In Tie-Back Tool offers a simple, weight-set design that provides an easy way to tie back to the well when platform misalignment is a problem. It includes a threaded split lock ring that engages the tie-back threads at the top of each mudline hanger.
- A metal-to-metal seal and resilient seals contain internal pressure
- Right-hand rotation enables make-up of tie-back tool
- All hangers stack down, fully exposing tie-back preparations
- Tie-back tools available in stab-in type design
Testing Far Beyond Conventional Validation
Traditional test fixtures found in many testing facilities have limited load capacities and are unable to test the connector or pipe to its full capacity range. Because no known test machine had the capability of validating all the data required to comply with ISO 13679, Dril-Quip built its own. Our Horizontal Test Machine is equipped with hydraulic cylinders and can apply over 20 million ft-lbf of bending capacity and over 13 million lbf of axial capacity. This allows us to uniquely validate all of the data points to the required specification.