A Process Of Excellence
To effectively protect the interests of our many stakeholders, Dril-Quip maintains the highest standards of excellence. We, along with our subsidiaries, codify our top-level commitment to quality, health, safety, and environmental sustainability (QHSE) with policies that encompass the following:
The quality of our products and services
The health and safety of our employees
The protection of our environment
Exceeding customer requirements and expectations
QHSE Systems: Roles And Responsibilities
To that end, we fully support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of QHSE management systems that define the roles and responsibilities of management and workforce members.
We will identify and correct any work practices or identified hazards that pose a risk to the quality of our products and services, the health and safety of our employees, or pollution of the environment. We will evaluate our processes to ensure that our protection schemes and work practices minimize these risks.
We will comply with the requirements of our QHSE Management Systems and measure their performance to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental arena. The findings and recommendations of these evaluations will be used, where possible, to improve the management, effectiveness, and performance of these systems.
We will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards, implement programs and procedures to assure compliance, and seek opportunities beyond regulatory compliance to reduce risk to human health, safety, and the environment.
We will periodically evaluate our Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental objectives to ensure they remain aligned with this QHSE policy. Based on such evaluation, we may revise or set new objectives in support of this policy.
We will support active consultation, participation and communication with our employees, suppliers and customers, emphasizing our commitment to delivering quality products and services, the health and safety of our employees, and protecting our environment.
Policy In Practice
- As part of our KPI system, we regularly track our health and safety performance against industry standards, reporting data through the organization and up to our board of directors.
- Our senior management teams perform quarterly safety walk-throughs of our facilities.
- To identify safety concerns or potential improvements, we empower employees with stop-work authority and an SOS (Safety Observation Suggestions) reporting card system.
- Dedicated HSE employees in all regions and operations are required to hold weekly safety meetings.
- As part of our environmental systems, we regularly perform Environmental Site Assessments of our operational practices.
- In operations worldwide, we have implemented initiatives to conserve energy, promote recycling, and advance sustainability.
- All manufacturing facilities are certified to the ISO 9001:2015 quality standard.
- To reduce waste in our operations, we use LEAN and APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) principles.
- Many of our products are designed to reduce operational and environmental risks for our customers while minimizing the hardware, rig time and personnel needed to deploy equipment.
- To significantly reduce the electrical load at our largest facility, Dril-Quip Houston, we incorporated LED lighting and participated in an air-conditioning tune-up program.
The Dril-Quip Quality Management System ensures that customers receive quality, reliability and integrity in the products and services we provide. Foundational to our commitment to QHSE is our global certification to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management system standards for all of our facilities.
Dril-Quip Houston is currently one of only two companies in the U.S. with both Q1 and Q2 certifications. We’re one of only 17 companies worldwide with that distinction, with Q1 and Q2 certifications in Aberdeen, Brazil and Singapore.
All Dril-Quip facilities where our essential operations take place are under industry certification, encompassing 93% of our employees who work in these certified facilities.
- ISO 9001 (English | Spanish)
Above and Beyond R&D
To ensure our products meet or exceed the highest standards, Dril-Quip has unparalleled in-house R&D and testing capabilities.