The DQ-VC is a field-proven vertical flowline connector designed to exacting standards for reliable, cost-effective performance. The DQ-VC is available with integral or non-integral hydraulic functioning and a rigid or flexible pipe configuration for maximum adaptability to customer requirements.
DQ-VC with Integral Hydraulics:
- 5,000 PSI pressure rating
- Metal-to-metal sealing
- Hydraulic unlock, lock, seal release and seal test functions
- Secondary mechanical unlock provided
The DQ-VC is available as a piggable connector with up to 12 hydraulic couplers, a piggable loop with metal-sealing swivel arms and pigging isolation valve provided.
DQ-VC With Non-Integral Hydraulics:
To minimize connector cost, the DQ-VC can be configured with all hydraulic functions in the DQ-VC running tool so that no hydraulics are left on the ocean floor. With this design, multiple pipe sizes are provided using the same connector and running tool. The DQ-VC with non-integral hydraulics is rated to 10,000 feet of water depth.
Major System Components
- Vertical flowline running tool (two required)
- Jumper and collet connectors
- Receiver structure (male hubs located at tree, manifold, PLEM and PLET)
- Spreader bar and rigging
Features of the DQ-VC Running Tool
- Hydraulic running tool
- ROV operated; no umbilical required
- Mechanical override of all locking functions
- Running Tool is retrieved after connectors are locked and gasket is tested
- Control land cylinders draw hub faces together after running tool has initially landed out on receiver
- Lock cylinders provide force required to lock and preload connection